New Collection for "Music Cubism" with CT

New Collection for "Music Cubism" with CT


(TI writes:)

This collection of works, which will be presented over the next six months, is inspired by this drawing.

This is a work that my friend CT (Chiaki Tamura), a former fashion designer, drew when she was a student living in Paris.

It was originally a single piece of work, but for some reason she took it apart and reconstructed it herself twenty some years after.

When I saw this work, I wondered if I could use the idea of 'taking a piece of work apart and reconstructing it' in a piece of music.

When I talked to TM about this, he told me that he had also just seen an exhibition of Cubism at the time and had a renewed interest in Cubism and Impressionism artists and paintings, and we decided to connect this with my story about the paintings and use these as the basic concept for the piece.

Throughout the series, CT has been working on visuals and collages, as well as title ideas and sound suggestions.


Comments